Monday, January 21, 2008

Taking Time to Hear

For my listening observation I chose to sit in the kitchen/ laundry room/ sitting room on our floor in the dorm. While sitting there at first I only heard the sounds of the washers and dryers, but then as I focused more on just listening and heard a lot more. I could hear music coming from different rooms. I could hear people talking, but I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying unless the were walking by or in and out of the room. Also i could hear people's foot steps from the floor above, and doors opening and closing. Finally I could hear the wind howling by the windows and the sounds of cars driving in and out of the parking lot. It was really cool to just sit and listen to what was going on around me, it really reminds you that even though you may feel like you're alone, most of the time you definitely are not.

No comments: