Monday, January 21, 2008

Listening activity

For my post I sat in the rec center. I sat infront of the television screens and just took everything in around me. There was so much going on at one time that I would never really notice if I wasnt paying attention. I heard the sound of golf balls being hit from the golf simulator. I heard the crash of pool balls, and the sound of ping-pong. There were also the sounds of the weight room. Some of these were the sound of weights dropping, feet pounding a tredmill, clanging machines. On top of these sounds there was also lots of talking. Many different conversations were taking place and it was hard to hear the details of any of them. There were also televisions and music. It was interesting to me to realize just how much noise there is when a person stops to listen to it. We live in our own worlds most of the time and are not really concerned with the actions taking place around us.

No comments: