Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Wonderful World of Eating

While in convo the other day I decided to do my observation and check out what was going on around me and what others were doing. First off I eat lunch with my teammates, who are pretty much all guys. So you can imagine kind of what I went through. These are bigger guys so when they go to eat lunch they have what most people eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in one sitting. Also they do not eat food but inhale food and chewing most definitely does not occur. To every one of your 5 bites, that equals one of theirs. I know what your thinking and yes I put myself through this three times a day voluntarily. And it all comes down to this, eating with them is like eating with a big Italian family that hasn't seen each other in months. We laugh and tell stories and generally just enjoy ourselves. So pretty much meals for me aren't for just refueling the body, they are a time for catching up, laughing, and having a great time with some pretty ridiculous people.

No comments: