Thursday, January 24, 2008

Eating Exercise

I did my eating exercise yesterday in the eagles nest. And i surprised myself at exactly how fast I eat. I always think that i need to hurry because i have class in an hour, but it only took me 15 minutes to eat my chicken tenders. However, the other day when we acted out the restaurant scene, my actions weren't believable at all. In the scene in class, I would be constantly eating non stop and would barely open up my mouth to fully taste or savor the food. I also probably would have spilled my drink on my lap because of the rapid motion that I picked it up. Its amazing how many of these simple details we forget about when we're trying to act out an scene. I always feel like I need to show the audience the action I'm doing. I realize this doesn't make the action authentic and it becomes forced.

No comments: